Your Marriott Bonvoy Sign-Up Bonus Could Pay for 5 Nights in Honolulu
Some of the links on this site contain offers from our partners.
Chase has souped up its sign-up bonus for the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card with free hotel nights.
You can now earn five free nights at a Marriott hotel when you spend $5,000 on your new card within the first three months.
This offer is tough to beat if you’re seeking a new hotel credit card and you’re a member of the Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program.
What Is the Offer?
This welcome bonus is only for new Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card holders. If you spend at least $5,000 within three months of activating your card, Chase will award you five free nights at a Marriott Bonvoy property.
You can redeem the bonus toward bookings worth 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy points per night.
Marriott places hotels in categories from one to eight, with higher numbers indicating better-quality properties with more amenities and services. The higher the category, the more points needed for a free stay.
Take your pick: The bonus is good for peak Category 5, standard Category 6 or off-peak Category 7 hotel stays. It even covers five standard nights at Honolulu’s Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa.
Is the Offer Worthwhile?
The five-night bonus is worth up to 250,000 Marriott Bonvoy points, which are valued at about $1,625 based on U.S. News research.
Although the card charges a $95 annual fee, the sign-up bonus more than makes up for it.
The card adds more value with perks and chances to earn cash back, such as:
- Six points per dollar spent at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels
- Two points per dollar spent on all other purchases
- One free night award and automatic Silver Elite status on your account’s anniversary date each year
- No foreign transaction fees
Comparing Sign-Up Bonuses
Before you apply for a card, including Chase’s Marriott Bonvoy Boundless credit card, see how it stacks up against a few of its competitors:
- Marriott Bonvoy Bold Credit Card. This card, which charges no annual fee, offers a smaller but easier to earn 50,000-point sign-up bonus when you spend at least $1,000 in the first three months. That’s good for about one night at a Marriott Bonvoy property.
- Hilton Honors American Express Card. You can earn 80,000 Hilton Honors bonus points after spending at least $1,000 within three months of opening this no-annual-fee card.
- Radisson Rewards Premier Visa Signature Card. New cardholders can earn up to 85,000 sign-up bonus points. You will get 50,000 bonus points when you make your first card purchase and 10,000 bonus points after you spend $1,500 on your card within the first three months. Plus, a 25,000-point bonus is yours every year when you renew this card, which charges a $75 annual fee.
Should You Claim the Offer?
Five free nights, worth 250,000 Marriott Bonvoy points, is a steep sign-up bonus unmatched by other hotel credit cards.
This Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card offer is a strong contender if you enjoy staying at Marriott Bonvoy properties and plan to spend $5,000 within three months of signing up for the card. But if the spending requirement is a stretch, other hotel cards without annual fees could offer a better value.