Khabib vs Gaethje battle it out for lightweight belt – UK start time, full build-up and commentary
UFC 254 is coming to talkSPORT with the blockbuster fight between Khabib Nurmagomedov and Justin Gaethje live on our airwaves.
The world of elite MMA has been in Abu Dhabi for a string of top class shows recently and will culminate with the lightweight title main event.
Khabib was set to face Tony Ferguson in the headline fight of UFC 249 in May but had to pull out amid the ongoing issues surrounding the COVID-19 lockdown.
Gaethje stepped in and duly secured a stunning win over Ferguson to earn his shot as The Eagle’s lightweight title.
The fighters are regarded as two of the very best around right now and it should be a thrilling fight in the desert.
UFC 254 LIVE – Follow minute-by-minute updates for Khabib vs Gaethje
UFC 254: How to listen live on talkSPORT
This huge night of MMA action will take place on Saturday, October 24 and is being held behind closed doors at the Flash Forum in Abu Dhabi.
The prelims will get under way from 3.15pm before the six-strong main card starts at around 7pm. Khabib vs Gaethje will headline the evening from around 10pm.
Full radio commentary for the event will be live on talkSPORT 2 this weekend.
Our coverage, hosted by Ade Oladipo, will start at 7pm on talksport.com and will then be live on talkSPORT 2 from 8pm.
Adam Catterall and Nick Peet will be on commentary duty for Khabib vs Gaethje.
It should be a night to remember on talkSPORT. “UFC 254 is going to be an unmissable event for fight fans and talkSPORT will be there to bring all the action to life from Yas Island, to our legion of loyal listeners,” Oladipo said.
“This bout will determine not just the best lightweight on the planet, but the best lightweight of all-time.”
talksport.com will also have all the latest news, views and reaction to the fight night clash.
To tune in to our coverage from 7pm, click the radio player below.
UFC 254: Fight card
- Khabib Nurmagomedov (c) vs. Justin Gaethje (ic), Lightweight
- Robert Whittaker vs. Jared Cannonier, Middleweight
- Alexander Volkov vs. Walt Harris, Heavyweight
- Jacob Malkoun vs. Phil Hawes, Middleweight
- Lauren Murphy vs. Liliya Shakirova, Women’s Flyweight
- Magomed Ankalaev vs. Ion Cutelaba, Light Heavyweight
- Stefan Struve vs. Tai Tuivasa, Heavyweight
- Nathaniel Wood vs. Casey Kenney, Catchweight
- Alex Oliveira vs. Shavkat Rakhmonov, Welterweight
- Da Un Jung vs. Sam Alvey, Light Heavyweight
- Liana Jojua vs. Miranda Maverick, Women’s Flyweight
- Joel Alvarez vs. Alexander Yakovlev, Lightweight
UFC 254: Tale of the tape
Khabib Nurmagomedov – Justin Gaethje
Age: 32 – 31
Nationality: Russian – American
Height: 5ft 10 (178cm) – 5ft 11 (180cm)
Weight: 155lb (70kg) – 155lb (70kg)
Style and stance: Sambo / Orthodox – Wrestling / Orthodox
Record: 28/0 – 24/2
Knockouts/Submissions: 18 – 20
Last fight: Beat Dustin Poirier – Beat Tony Ferguson